Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:24:35 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Thank you Laurie for your great response.  So to give you and everyone a bit more information.  Yes, this mom has been mostly separated from her baby.  She was discharged from the hospital after two days and has been running back and forth for visits and feeds(exhausting).  This baby began going to breast at 2-3 days of life with a nipple shield upto 3 times per day.  the feedings at breast were reduced due to weight loss.  Feeds were going on for 1 hour (too long).  I was able to observe a feeding which looked great and there was milk in the shield at the end.  Mom was having a difficult time keeping up with the pumping early on but i think we got that worked out.  I encouraged Mom to keep feeding sessions 30 minutes or less and to do skin to skin during the day.  Anyway, after seeing the feeding i was much more reassured but then I began quetsioning the pump.  I observed her on the symphony with 27 mm phlanges and 30 mm.  the 27's looked better in my opinion and mom agreed.  Is it possible the effectiveness of the pump is reduced due to dense breast tissue.  Also is the dense tissue related to the PCOS.  
This is a friend of mine and I am trying to find the right answers for her.  She is very nervous that her breasts "won't work".  I tried to reassure her and let her know that her breasts do work...but we did talk about possible milk supply issues related to PCOS and what can be done.  
Again, I appreciate any input.  I am new but driven to help our breastfeeding Moms find the correct answers.  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2