Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:07:57 -0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Gosh,  never heard this before
My eldest is only 24,  but haven't things changed
My daughter was 21 on the 3rd march [LC day] and on such a significant  birthday I did go down memory lane a bit more than usual on birthdays.
The  3rd  was a Friday that year,  she was born like  my son in the evening.  There were concerns about her next morning  and  I had to wait until she had wee'd before I could go home,   that took nearly 24 hours,  so I was still in hospital  on the Sunday which happened to be Mothering Sunday
[In Britain Mothering Sunday is a moveable feast,  it depends on the date of Easter]
I chatted as I was waiting  to  go to an older midwife; she   told me that in the days when there was a nursery and babes were put in overnight,  on mothering Sunday  before they wheeled  the cots out to the mums they put a bunch of violets in each baby's hand.
I think the cute picture that painted for me  made it even sadder that these mothers started their first mothering Sunday all alone with  their babes elsewhere.  But the thought was kind.    Mothering  Sunday this year is on  this  coming Sunday,  I think  the memory  was retriggered by thinking about  this
Helen Butler
England

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2