Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
"Amy Peterson, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:40:58 -0500
text/plain (18 lines)
Yes!  I can't help but notice tongues and frenulums, and wonder why the super tight ones were never addressed.  Drives me crazy and I have to look away.  :)
I was tt, had mine clipped at 5yo, but looking at it now, they didn't do a great job. (but I can use myself as an example to parents)  Plus by age 5 my speech patterns were set.  I sound clear to the untrained ear.  But I am aware that my tongue tip remains behind my lower teeth at almost all times, I make the L and T sounds with mid-blade, and my S sound is pretty air-y.  People often ask if Peterson is spelled with a "d."  
I had 3 tt boys.  First did great, never clipped.  2nd couldn't bf without clipping, but still needed some significant speech intervention.  3rd we were on the fence about, but he gained well so we opted not.  When it came time for solids, he couldn't move past pureed food.  Speech never came.  We ended up in speech *and* feeding therapy, finally had his tongue clipped, and low and behold the child can eat and talk.
If ever we meet...try not to watch my tongue while we chat.  :)
Amy Peterson
Idaho

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2