Try Oxytocin: the Great Facilitator of Life Prog Neurobiol 2009 June

Holly Mcspadden I BCLC

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----

Date:         Wed, 3 Mar 2010 22:09:45 

To: <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Niles Newton

Dear all,

Recently I bought 'Maternal Emotions', written by Niles Newton, thinking I was buying a book that spend a big number of its pages on oxytocin.

I was wrong, unfortunately; it doesn't. It's a nice book, secondhand, because it's old, but it doesn't have as much on oxytocin as I thought.

I've been searching around and Rachel M. gave me the table of contents of something she has

The book she has is not really a book; it's a number of articles, seemingly already copies of copies.

I'm now wondering what the exact title is of the book I'm looking for and where I might get it.

I found this: ***Newton on birth and women: Selected works of Niles Newton, both classic and current : By Niles Newton. Seattle: Birth & Life Book Store, 1990. 260 pages*** by Ronald K. McCraw, but I'm not sure whether this is the same stuff Rachel referred to.

Another title I found on the internet is this one: ***Niles Newton and Charlotte Modahl, "New Frontiers of Oxytocin Research," Free Woman: Women's Health in the 1990s***

Could that be relevant as well...?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction or provide me with this material. If we need to work out financial details, please feel free to e-mail me privately.

I will prepare a workshop on oxytocin and would really love to have this source of pioneer data and knowledge available to read and study and then include in my workshop.

Thanks in advance to those who can help me out; I really don't know where to find this book/these books!

I'll have my birthday next Saturday; the thought of knowing this stuff is on its way or can be found somewhere, would be a great gift! :o))

Bye,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands (anxiously awaiting Kerstin Moberg's new book on oxytocin for hcp's, but not knowing if and when it will be published!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2