Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:24:46 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
On 29 Dec 2009 at 19:11, a slaughter wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have been away from daily reading (mostly scanning) here at LACTNET for a while - way too busy with lots of babies and the perpetual office work.  I mean no offense to anyone here and maybe I am the one missing something in the numerous thread on Medela, or maybe our area of the country / world is  just different - but - I just don't see the problem with pumping.  

Dear Ann,

The Medela problem is NOT about their pumps, but about their advertising that has changed
from code-compliant to breaking the rules. And on their website they have a statement that
says that they don't feel abiding to the code is in the interest of breastfeeding. Yeah right... It
is not in the interest of their wallet.

Medela has started advertising bottles in several ways, that is the problem with the company.
No-one has a problem with pumping in cases where it is useful. But i might add that while
nipple shields can be usefull in some cases, it is not a gadget you would give to any
breastfeeding mom. In the same line, pumping is not the first choice activity for just any
breastfeeding mom, but in some cases it can be a life saver. But the ultimate goal of
pumping is to get the baby to the breast (most of the time if mom is working away from the
child). I know what I prefer, because I pumped 6 weeks for our eldest and it was just like
feeding twins (luckily the pump didn't need diaper changes...)

Heleen

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2