Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:52:25 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
Switch to a cup for milk feedings when mom is at work.  If daycare insists on a bottle, get new nipples.  Nipple holes get bigger after many uses and milk flows faster, requiring ever larger amounts to satisfy the child.  Have daycare give solids first, then milk.  What is the mom expecting the baby to have?  If you review Wong's Nursing Care of the Infant and Child, 7th edition, It recommends a volume of 22.8 oz/day of formula with average feeding amount at 5.7 oz and 4 feedings of formula per day.  How much is this mom expecting to put in a bottle - and how many feedings?  If she is nursing 2 or 3 times a day plus giving expressed breast milk, is she expecting too much?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cindy Simone
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:48 PM
Subject: Working mom with declining supply

Permission To Post:  Working mom has three more months to meet her goal of breastfeeding her daughter for one full year.  She just got her first period.  She writes, "I actually started taking fenugreek last week because I have to pump extra times to keep up with her now, and now I am worried it is going to get worse."  Mom uses a Pump n Style.  I suggested renting a hospital grade pump for the remaining months.
Would anyone like to share their suggestions for this mom?
Thank you.
Cindy

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2