Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:09:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Um yeah, that is what I do for the majority of my hours.  Of 40hrs only 12 of them are dedicated to breastfeeding. That is one morning and one whole day. In those hours I'm supposed to manage a Peer Counselor Program and all that entails (including budget/payroll, planning monthly meetings, etc.), create bulletin boards, keep inventory of breastfeeding literature stocked, inservice staff and tend to any of the more difficult cases that a Nutritionist may have referred to me (but more likely that i have seen at a cert appt. earlier in the week) and asked to come back on my Thursday hours.  Ahhh....When I recently suggested that perhaps I was more qualified to be seeing the breastfeeding dyad follow ups, it was agreed but no accomodations were made to the schedule. So now I have Nutritionists noting in the computer "needs to see Ilene for follow up" and I get to see them inbetween my scheduled cert and recert appts!  It's not an ideal situation, definately a work in progress but with the new WIC criteria for no formula to be issued during the baby's first month of life (except for medical necessity) it will become increasingly more necessary in order to support those breastfeeding moms.  I sure do wish I had 40 hrs...OK I won't be greedy..30hrs to dedicate to breastfeeding...really kind of a waste of the IBCLC credential :-(

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC
(LLL, WIC, MMBNE)
Brockton, MA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2