Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:58:13 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Personal, not science. :)  My first baby was colicky--100% breast milk, slept with us, lived in a sling, no artificial nipples, gained weight well.  Her longest crying bout was 11 hours--which happened more than once.  She would feed in the tub with me, but not out during her sad times (read: many baths a day).  Omission of dairy in my diet made a slight difference.   Knowing all I know now, there is nothing I can think of that wasn't applied.  She is 14 now, and all that love and cuddling despite her beginning life as a sad, sad baby, truly paid off.  I like to tell moms of colicky babies that loving their babies through it will pay off in the end.  I am a much better parent, and she is a fabulous kid.  And parenting my next 3 babies was a breeze since I had so many tricks up my sleeve, and an abundance of patience.  It would be interesting to see a study on colic that controlled variables, but that seems almost impossible. 
Amy Peterson, IBCLC
Idaho

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2