Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:25:19 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (55 lines)
even if we take the color words out my point was....it does not matter if she came from Africa or Asia or any where Else, not being able to breastfeed in public is an universal thing, and thinking that bottle feeding is better than breastfeeding is an American thing. the other part of my response was a Very personal thing. i will leave my personal hang ups out it. 

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Subject: Re: FTC Complaints and African Women
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 10:58 AM

I'm rather confused?  Who said African meant 'black'?  *scratches head* 
Also, we were discussing this in terms of Poland, and Scotland.  In fact, the most direct actual story about emigrating to the USA, was someone from Poland!  So, again, very confused.

Not to mention most of us discussed actual countries that happen to be on the African continent, or looking at the difference from sub-Saharan Africa versus other regions.  What will be culture in Cameroon, will not likely be the culture in Mauritania, nor Morocco.

And like I said, many Mums from Africa (colour non specific) do not breastfeed in public whilst in their part of Africa!

I simply don't see the words 'black' or 'African American' in what you've quoted!  Neither do I see any mention of either in ANY of the discussions!  
*utterly confused*  :-)

Morgan Gallagher

chauntelle parker wrote:
> this is not a black or African thing. women from Mexico who come to America feel the same way. i am so tired of African Americans being the center of someones static tics and pools of "why black women or men don't do ...., or black women don:t.... is it because of poverty black communities...." now the problems that seemed to only effect the black community have leaked to ALL communities. you can ask any immigrant why they don't bf in America and you will that same answer you got from that African woman. America is messed up....STOP making it a Black thing!
> SORRY FOR THE DRAMA THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING!
> 
>   

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2