Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:23:03 -0400
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
7bit
MIME-Version:
Reply-To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Once upon a time when I had little breasts and was nursing my second child and had dealt with horrible old fashion nursing bras I 
decided on Olga bra gowns to wear to sleep and lounge about and wore front closing bras just too easy with a frantic ravenous child who later could release the clasp herself when she was older. 
Nowadays I see all kinds of poorly devised bras and nursing gowns.? New moms in hospital shouldn't have to fight trying to learn to manage baby and all the material of gowns and tops let alone bras. I tell my new moms no bras ( I had been told on the second child if I wore the Olga bra gown my breasts would sag to my waist....I knew that? was coming because my family has large breasts as they age).? So I just want the Moms to get handling babies and breasts and not having me hold them for them...I can't go home with them.
In Childbirth Class I suggest cami shelf tops with pj bottoms and easy access or old fashion front pj tops lots of space for skin to skin.
Whoever designs nursing gowns never gets slits lined up with breasts, so I recommend they try stuff on in store and see how easy to access their breasts are . I also tell them to look for front hook bras and avoid the ones with the small hooks like on the back of the bra...(yes, they still make those kind) and tell them to try to unfasten the hook with one hand, as if they were hold in baby in other hand.
Just my uptake on the idea of nursing bras and for really large breasted women I tell them to look for next size up and they are really astonished their breasts can get much larger...remember I was looking for the lady who needed > G cup. 
Must buzz off? to Lamaze class.
Leanne Jewell RN-BC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
S Fl

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2