Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 06:34:19 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
on the topic of online support i would say that even though i am generation x (i think? 1973?)  as a bf counselor i choose not to put my email address on our group website... just because i find it easier and less time consuming to help mothers over the phone rather than having to type out emails.  It's also better at building rapport and getting them out to support meetings!!! But also, I think that often times the "problem" mothers think they have, "my baby doesn't sleep", " i have no milk", isn't really the issue at all.... and if mom's on the internet looking at galactogogues or sleep training to solve a bad latch with a hungry tongue-tied baby than mother may not ever find the help she needs. However, I think follow-up support via email is invaluable.... !

As far as LACTNET is concerned.. some of us Lactnetters ARE breastfeeding mothers... is it appropriate to come here for my bf questions...?? Is it fairly safe to assume that if a Lactnetter did come here with her own issue that she's thought about every possibility, consulted every book, and asked her colleagues/co-Leaders and is still stumped/concerned?

This is invaluable collective problem solving:   So why should it matter if she's stumped with her own bf problem or someone else's? 

Rgds
Georgia

(not trying to be challenging but genuinely interested in this issue as a still-breastfeeding bf counselor!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2