Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 06:22:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
No study, but after a 24 hour labor, 6.5 hours of pushing, i had a ceserean on Thursday noon. Went home Saturday 10am. Nearly 20 years ago, and I will never forget the feelings of hopelessness and overwhelmingness. Sank into a depression that lasted for years. 

I had a determination to breastfeed (after my body "failed me" in birth) and made that happen, but can't imagine someone on the breastfeeding fence being so determined. My doctor told me breastfeeding didn't matter, had no help at home, first time mom without a clue. 

My next children were born at home, with a wealth of support from friends, and no depression. 

Sam

<<Management recently announced that we will be attempting to send our c-section patients home on day two.  I have a hunch this is due to a never-ending bed shortage and/or staffing issues.  I fear this will negatively effect breastfeeding, especially since we do not yet have 7-day-a-week LC coverage.  Is anyone on the list already doing this?  Can anyone point out an evidence-based study to show how early discharge of c-section patients impacts breastfeeding?  We do not offer outpatient lactation visits or any home visitation program at this time.
> 
> Tanya E. Cheney, RN, BSN, CCE>>

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2