Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:10:48 -0500
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
7bit
MIME-Version:
Reply-To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I know that Ameda has been purchased by Evenflow, but now the question I need clarified is were does Nestle stand in this deal?
This question came up regarding a product and we need to see if Nestle is part of the equation.? I know that Nancy Morbacher has pledged the importance of Ameda and to keep it a product devoted to Lactation, but a voice in a meeting said that Nestle may be more involved and wondered if there was a conflict if that were true.
Help me get correct information for the team.

Also need to know if there are any studies done on Cuban and South American Hispanics and Breastfeeding attitudes and practices.? I know that Mexican, Honduran and Gutamalans women have been included in studies, but my search has not show any dedicated to the Carribean women and Women of Venezuela and Colombia and Cuban.? We are looking at this population for a study we will be extending for our unit to see if we can fairly meet the 2010 and recommendations.? OUr current PI shows we may have some really big issues due to cultural differences and perceptions of these population who make up a huge portion of our patient population.

Leanne Jewell RNC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2