Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:43:47 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I was expecting NatGeo's "Inside the Human Body" to gloss over or ignore bf, or worse yet show babies bottlefeeding, but what a wonderful surprise!

WE NEED THIS CLIP AVAILABLE TO SHOW FAMILES!  Wonderful motivation!  Once they got to the feeding part, it was 100% breastfeeding, with beautiful photography, classy presentation, and wonderful explanation as to how important mother's milk is to babies.  Unfortunately no specific mention of colostrum, but totally awesome otherwise.  I think it would go a long way to helping families, even newly delivered moms, to make the efforts to make bf work.  Its not at all pushy, just matter of fact, with tone and inflection conveying the wonder of the process, in particular how bf allows our mothers to "protect us and keep us safe" until we're competent on our own.  Marsha Walker, et al, if you're out there, can obtaining this clip be explored?  These producers need a pat on the backfor their entire approach.  The entire program (I only got to see through puberty) was very well done, but I just can't get over the bf part being so great in such a broad-audience presentation.--  I hope it comes up as a rerun soon (or am I behind the times and THIS was a rerun?  I don't watch much TV :-)
Kay McKee

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2