Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:54:55 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I couldn't agree more with the advice to seek a 2nd opinion--I am thinking change peds!  LOL!  I too am very much concerned about the baby's future gut issues.  I have no clue as to what the Ped was thinking in this case, unless it is his common practice to do this.  If it is all an effort to get baby to sleep through the night, then he needs to sign up with those that promise to get your infant to sleep through the night in a few days!  (crying it out, etc)  They are wacko too!  (not trying to offend, but it is ridiculous!  Babies need to wake up to feed.  My babies didn't sleep through the night until they were close to 9 and 10 months old.  Heck, they are 7 and 8 now and occassionally get up.)   I want to go ask the Ped his opinion, in a nice way.  "Please explain this case to me, so I can understand why you advised mom to feed her baby this way."  

I knew it was not a good scenario when the client didn't want to tell me how much cereal was in the bottle.  I just gave her time, and oh yes, she could tell that I was not pleased by my facial expression.  She knows that I want her to seek other advice.  I strongly encouraged her to do so.

I will keep you posted when I talk to her again.    Have a blessed day,Merideth M. Buell, BFPCDSHS [log in to unmask]  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2