Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:25:43 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
What is the real story behind this?

We have a new PostPartum Manager. In my interview with her, she said she wants us to support BFing but not "scare" or "force" a mother into it.
She said she worked at a BFHI hospital in San Diego and she said it was horrible. They had NO formula in the hospital. Those poor mothers were sending family members out in the middle of the night to buy formula for their screaming babies. She did say they were told before admission that they had to bring their own formula and bottles with them if they didn't want to BF. She also said an RN at that hospital told a mother her baby would die if she didn't breastfeed. This Manager was so happy to get out of that hospital.

From my viewpoint, I'm sure they were happy to see her leave.  :-}   She is part of a series of "hiring by appointment" at my hospital - the job is filled on the day HR posts it. Her Credential is an AA in Nursing - but she has "people skills". Just ask her.

Since this was my personal employee performance evaluation, I chose to not get into a deeper discussion about this because she was so emphatic. When I get my copy back from HR, with all signatures affixed, I will address this better. It's her claim about the BFHI hospital in San Diego that I am inquiring about. She would not tell me the name of it.

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2