Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 11:53:46 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
There's not a lot of solid research for either art. Mostly because we lack the funding.
There are small studies in chiropractic. I think there may be some relating to ear infections, "colic".

One of the largest and most comprehensive studies done in chiropractic was a retrospective study conducted at UC Irvine showing improvement in over 100 areas of quality of life while under Network Spinal Analysis care. The area that the most people had the greatest improvement was ability to deal with stress. The results were no surprise to all of us practicing this technique. Can this help nursing moms and babies? You bet.

In terms of  specific nursing problems,my own clinical experience has been that adjustments using low force, sustained contacts to the upper cervical region do wonders for breast refusal, "colic", disorganized nursing and congenital torticollis.
Ask any CST or chiropractor and they probably have documented hundreds of clinical cases where their art has helped with all kinds of issues in nursing couples. 
My husband and I offer free home visits to new moms and babes in the first days after birth. I know many CST's here do as well.
Most peds are cautious because they just don't know enough about CST or chiropractic. Many open up when they see the results. Others just won't.
It's great to be back in this stimulating, committed community.
Tracy Kirschner, DC
Boulder, CO

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2