Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 14:02:21 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Ok ladies, (and the few gents that grace this wonderful list),

My own body is causing me alarm which started with a surprise pregnancy.  For all the work I've done with nursing moms, I've yet to run into my situation (aren't they all unique anyway?) and am simply looking for information to help me plan those early days in the hospital and when my milk comes in. Here is the situation, my breasts don't tend to decrease much between pregnancies. For a normal woman this is not a problem but last child they jumped to 34 J cups (American sizing) which was when I was at my fullest nursing size.  I am 8 weeks pregnant now and if prior pregnancies are any clue I am going to continue to grow for a bit.  Although on weaning my son they did decrease a tad, I am already in that size bra again only I've gone up a band size as my breasts are so heavy they make it hard to breath (36J).  The actual breast tissue is already swelling at my armpits and collar bone.  I have yet to give birth yet and none of my text books address this other than a reference
 to gigantosemia but that would not kick in until after birth.  I'm not so sure this is my problem, anyway.  That is my body's information.  My children both had high arched narrow palates preventing proper latch for quite some time.  Every child in my husband's family has this problem and only the breastfeeding councelor was able to nurse her children (yay me!).  But knowing my breast size is growing faster than I can blink and this baby is highly likely to have the same palate issues, I need your resources please.  Point me in the direction of some book I may not have read yet, so I can get my self ready with a plan by December. I know this list is normally for clients who have situations we may not be able to explain but, I figured you wouldn't mind me asking a personal question.  I have my permission to post this. Haha!

Susan Smallwood in Pennsylvania

---------------------------------
Got a little couch potato? 
Check out fun summer activities for kids.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2