Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:16:34 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Barbara Ash wrote: The other positions, for example, a lactation consultant in a teaching position, a lactation consultant researcher, etc. are filled by a call for nominations in the six months prior to the expiration of the sitting member. Applicants submit their CVs and other supporting documentation to the Executive Director. In my day at IBLCE, she chose the replacement. That practice may continue, or perhaps now it is a combination of the Exec Dir and the Board Chair or others. 

I wouldl like to respectfully disagree with Barbara on this issue. Last year when we held the board elections, as chair of the governance committee, I received all the applications for positions.(And we had some wonderful candidates- it was a very hard decision). These were distributed to the governance committee to read before the governance meeting. At the meeting, the candidates were presented. The candidates were discussed and voted on by the governance committee. The slate of candidates was presented to the entire board for approval a few days later. The final slate was board approved, and the executive director did not have a vote either time. 

Ann Calandro,BSN, RNC, IBCLC
Piedmont Medical Center
Lactation Support Services
Rock Hill,South Carolina 29732

The information in this communication is confidential and is directed only to the intended recipient. Please do not forward this communication without my permission. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately and delete/destroy this communication.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2