Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 22:31:24 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Hi, 
I have been helping a mom who has had yeast for about the last 4 months- baby is 5 months old. It gets better when she goes on diflucan 200 mg/day with loading dose. She has also used gentian violet intermittently, and treated baby with GV, nystatin and I think diflucan once. 
She has info on hygiene, taking grapefruit seed oil and B vitamins and has lost 20 lbs because she is on a low carb/no simple carbs diet for the yeast. 
This is a mom who really follows the suggestions I give her- but she feels like the yeast is taking over her life. She still has pain, which is bearable but bothersome, and it gets worse when she eats sugar or goes off diflucan. 
She also has chronic plugged ducts which she feels may be due to inflammation in her milk ducts due to yeast. She also has oversupply, tho, and I'm hoping the plugged ducts might diminish now that she's on sage (she's been on lecithin for 3 weeks and it hasn't helped- can't remember dose but think she's increased it). I also passed on that some people had success with tanning beds- think she has been spending some time in the sun instead. 
So we are really stuck, and she's asking me if there is anything else that can be done for the yeast. I don't think this is vasospasm pain. If anyone has anything to pass on to us, we would really be appreciative. 
I think she'll be happier if the sage works and oversupply/plugged ducts are overcome (yes breast pads stay dry), so that she only has the yeast to deal with, but still hoping for solutions to yeast, too. Thanks for listening!!
Mary Taylor, LLLL, IBCLC, California, who is so glad for all the experienced people on this list!

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2