Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:43:02 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
My client has tried many tricks for oversupply. Her baby is tongue tied and mom is military patient. It will be 3 more weeks before they will clip the frenulum. Mom has been able to get her supply semi controlled but each time has been very temporary. She really has an abundance of milk and her poor little one is so uncomfortable with feedings. We feel confident that much of this will be resolved when he has his tongue clipped. However this is her second baby and over supply was the reason for her discontinuing breastfeeding earlier than she wanted with her first baby. She is currently discussing the possibility of changing her BC pills to one containing estrogen.  She is going to be asking if she can switch for just one week to the estrogen containing pill, she currently takes a low dose progesterone only pill. 

Other than that... what can she take that won't wipe out all of her milk but will decrease her milk supply. She has tried cabbage leaves, and eating altoids.

How much peppermint or sage or B6 would decrease without wiping out her supply altogether. She really wants to continue nursing for the first year but her supply is so high that she sprays heavily even when not full.  
 The tongue tie is definitely an issue here, but that doesn't seem to be the entire problem. 

Please respond to me personally, for some reason I am no longer receiving Lactnet on my e-mails. There were no changes made, just one day I realized that I was not receiving the e-mails and after a few days I  tried several times to re-join and/or change my settings. Everything seems to be set up correctly but I no longer receive lactnet. 

Thanks!
Pam Price IBCLC, RLC, CBE
Lactation Services Coordinator
Women's Health
Trident Health System
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, S.C. 29406
(843) 824-5013 office
(843) 728-9640 pager

> This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.
> 

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2