Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:34:51 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
Dear All:

I need a Norway vacation.  Mostly I feel I do a pretty good job helping the pump abusing Manhattan 
population get in touch with being a mom and spending time with their baby.  Most women I feel an 
empathy with even if they have completely inappropriate notions about what raising a child entails 
and I feel I can gently nudge them into giving their baby more than what they might have thought a 
baby needs.  When I'm in a consultation, I generally feel empathetic to most mothers even those who 
are totally out of touch with their own body and how it functions.  But I have one of those 1 in 200 
clients tomorrow that makes me want to scream, "Why did you ever think you wanted a baby and 
have you thought about adoption?"  I'm seeing a mom who is currently riding on her high supply & a 
baby who is not latching who is only pumping 3x/day (getting about 2/3 of what her baby needs) 
and I dared suggest, maybe you might want to go no longer than 6 hours without draining your 
breasts and pump 4x/day (because she had a good enough supply that I thought I could gently 
nudge her into pumping a little more) - which was met with --- but I only want you to help me with 
the latch.  Give me strength -- I really wanted to say --- why are you hiring me?  I have other people 
I'd rather see.  

Best, Susan Burger

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2