Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:19:05 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
I used something similar (a "Snuggle Nest") with my second child. My son (aged 22 months at the time), the baby and I were in the same bed. Toddlers and babies sleeping on the same surface without a parent is NOT a safe co-sleeping scenario. I only used it when I was not in the bed with the children, and it was a huge help in the early months. I did not feel like it was necessary to stay in bed constantly after the children were asleep if I needed to use the restroom, take a shower, or spend some time with my husband (while checking on the children far too frequently!). Fortunately, my daughter transfered easilly into the Snuggle Nest after nursing to sleep. It was useful for a few of months, until my daughter could roll over. 

I find it to be a good reccomendation for parents who are terrified of overlaying thier babies but want to cosleep. It is more of a hassle to nurse, with one having to return the baby to the product after he has fallen asleep, but better than mum running into the nursery every hour to check on the baby. As a plus, it is less expensive than a co-sleeper.

I have mixed feelings about these products. I did use one successfully, but I am always hesitant to suggest a solution that costs money. I think that in a situation where the parent are nervous about co-sleeping but want baby near-by, a cosleeper or or crib (which the parents probably have already...I never used one) arranged in a side-car position is ideal. The in-bed products like this have a limited life-span (until baby rolls over). It certainly is better than leaving baby in another room alone. Also, they are a good option for a mother until she is ready to co-sleep "without a net," so to speak,

Kellie W, LLLL
California

p.s. Autumn, please email me privately if you have a website address for your slings. I am always looking for new products to reccomend to my friends!

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:53:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Bed-sharing, safely

Hello all,
One Step Ahead also carries a "pricier" in-bed cosleeper http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=217761&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=217761&change=117
though I haven't seen these in stores yet. I imagine with either product, nursing would be more difficult, but its still better then a crib ;o) Thanks for sharing a less expensive way

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.  

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2