Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:12:34 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Rachel, I am seeing a big difference in the "new" Evenflow Ultra Wide based Comfi nipple than the older version. The new one fits on a standard bottle ring and seems to be a lot softer. The old one fit on a blue nipple ring especially sized. Babies can really crunch it down (they always could compress it but now it is softer than before). They can latch near the base but can still keep their mouths tight by just compressing it down. 

It seems to be faster flowing and somewhat unstable in the ring, meaning it shifts inward and leaks when you compress it hard enough. Also, milk pools in the wide base by the ring, you have to move it around to get it to drain down. The Gerber one seems a bit fast flowing also but is more firm than the Evenflow and has a short teat. I am unable to find replacement nipples for the Evenflow anymore, just see it in the bottle packages.

I am dissappointed, I feel the older version was less compressible (but still more easily compressed than say the Avent or the Playtex Natural Latch) and more stable in the nipple ring. The old version was one of my favorites for weak suckers and premies. 

Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2