Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:47:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
Dear Lactnetters:

Hi, I dont know if you remember me. After two and a half months of bedrest and medication to avoid a premature birth, Teresa was born at 39
weeks with 3,800 kg (about 8 pounds 4 ounces), and is now a month old and 4,100 kg (around 11 pounds). Of course, all breastmilk. I have
noticed a big difference with when I breastfed my first two children, when I didnīt know too much about breastfeeding. Not only in the sense of
knwoing more tricks and positions and things, but in the sense that now I understand myself and my baby as a dyad. With my previous child I felt
that it was somehow not right to have her in my arms as much as she demanded, nor to be alert to all her cues, nor to breastfeed her in bed in a
lying position. Now all that has changed and it feels wonderful.

The pity is that because of the fear of premature birth I finally weaned my 16 month old. I had the hope she would nurse again after her sister was
born. She did ask for boobie when I got home from the hospital. I let her come to me and she closed her mouth over my nipple for half a minute,
without suckling. Then she let go, smiled at me and went back to her playing. She hasnīt asked to nurse since then. I miss it.

I have a question. I have a very active MER and despite the anti-gravity positions and sometimes a previous pumping my child still has a hard
time. In a post from Kermaline Cotterman some days ago she mentioned reverse pressure softening. Can you explain what this is?

Thank you and glad to be back.

Kika Baeza MD family physitian
2004 IBCLC hopeful
Madrid Spain

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2