Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:21:46 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Hi all,
I don't know any Mom's who suffer Meniere's disease, but I do have a husband who had terrible bouts with dizziness, vertigo and nausea and was finally diagnosed as having Meniere's. I can't remember now the names of the meds that he was offered. He started taking them but in the end, stopped. As I recall then, I looked them up for fun in Hales, and again, if I remember correctly the meds themselves are not problematic. There was one SERC 8 or Cerc 8, and there were suppositories used to alleviate nausea and vomiting. Most of the findings claim that Meniere's is a  stress related syndrome, so I don't know how breastfeeding could be proved detrimental, but what does concern me is that the attacks come totally unexpected and can be very debilitating. My fear would be that the mom would be alone with a newborn when the attacks occur. This IMHO could be dangerous for the baby and might be one of those disorders that would require contraindicating bfg. The room actually spins around causing loss of balance and total nausea and disorientation.
In my dh's case, the meds did not prevent the attacks, they subsided on their own (much like vertigo)him being left with tinnitus, but nothing worse. 

ellen shein, IBCLC
Tel Aviv

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2