Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:48:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Well i have had three or 4 of them (pet scans) _ we are guinea pigs for a large univerity and make that plural for the research they did on Dyslexia- there are 5 in my house - i am not it. however i was breastfeeding my six week old ( at that time) with the scan - they told me to pump and dump 24 hours - well she was hungry and i was bursting- so i pumped and they took my milk and at 20 min- 1 and 2hrs and were saving it. it came down to me ( while i was just out of the scanner after an hour-

fdg at the time of 2 hrs figured out to be about 1 /10,000 of the dose i was given. less than most antibiotics. they would not get me the paper work to publish. oh well. but she breastfed and did fine. my body was relieved. 

however one secret about FDG it is urinated out of the system,( for the most part) usually with in when ever you leave and go. then the rest is breathed off. cool huh? I am not dyslexic, but i am not a great typist. 

Wondering what the school is - Wake forest University , Bowman Grey medical school. - our brains have been studied at BG, Yale (genetics), Georgetown- fuinctional MRI's and UCLA - Irvine.  Several years ago if you saw a CNN broadcast on dyslexia done at BG- steve the older man interviewed - was my husband, the boys in the background are ours too, I have a housefull  (4 children - 1 hubby)of all ADHD and dyslexic kids- too many smarties makes for chaos. 

anyway too much rambling- have the test, breastfeed and best wishes for a good outcome

Mechell Turner

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2