Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:22:45 EDT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
This one would trigger the letdown (layman's terms), pull away, grin up at me with at me with an open mouthful of milk, let the fastest part of the
flow just drip away and drench the beach towel I had learned to cover myself with.Then she'd dig in to take the rest with gusto.She managed my supply herself and gained great.She has always done things in life the easy way and still does.
Judy Ritchie
PS:  Has anyone had a nursling like my second?  This was her modus operendi under she could cope with the flow.

My first baby did this. This was when I was just learning about bfing, and knew nothing about forceful letdown. I just assumed it was normal to spray the baby, the furniture and everything within a 3 foot radius. Stacy loved it! She would shake her head side to side in the spray like a little puppy! If I didn't spray fast enough, she would rub her nose on the tip of my nipple and pull back, grin and wait! Luckily I learned to use a drip cloth and diaper shield as a spray barrier. It subsided after a few months. It didn't happen with the other 2 but they were quieter, calmer, eaters. Stacy has always attacked food with gusto--and also life! She relishes food and eats like there is no tomorrow! And stays slim!
Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2