Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 23:42:15 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
*Thank you* for all those who send me private or lactnet responses to the keyboard wrestling and short language matter. I was moved by the well-meant and apologizing notes and very gratefull for the hints and translations I received. I must confess that I did feel a bit silly and ignorant not recognising the joke meant with *keyboard wrestling*, as I now understand it is just a way of speaking and not at all meant negatively.
I now feel really welcome and at home at Lactnet.
Perhaps I should now go on and briefly myself. I was born 43 years ago in The Hague, The Netherlands and lived in several Dutch villages and towns up to a couple of years ago, when I moved to neighbour-country Belgium. I started my working career as a Kindergarten Teacher, married and became an at-home mom of 2 daughters and 3 sons, now aged 9 to 19. Pregnant of my second child I came into contact with La Leche League, became a Leader and had several Area jobs like translations coordinator, coordinator of leader applicants, area coordinator of leaders and brochures coordinator. Currently I'm doing part of the writing of new brochures. In the mean time I passed the LC exam and became a LC in 1992. I'm now building a small private practise and I develop, organise and teach lactation and breastfeeding counseling courses for health workers. And I'm building a website. The last one I find the most difficult part of my job :-)

Gonneke van Veldhuizen, IBCLC, Maaseik, Belgium

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2