It sounds as though you haven't got the honey soft enough. I used an electric drill with a piece of stainless steel formed into a helix. I creamed many gallons of honey with an old drill and never had a problem. The honey in question was high in glucose and therefore set hard very quickly. I put the tubs (30 lbs) in an old refrigerator with a low wattage light bulb for 10-12 hours until between a quarter and a half of the honey was liquid, depending on how soft you want the finished creamed honey. Then creamed it until all lumps gone then bottled while still warm and flowing. The honey remained soft and spreadable for a very long time. It is my favourite way to eat honey. At 11:19 PM 11/8/99 EST, you wrote: >I have burned out one drill making cream honey. I used a hand drill and a >mixing paddle I bought from Betterbee! Anyone got a better solution to >stirring honey to make cream that's better than using a drill? Incidential I >was using a 3/8" drill. I would buy a 1/2" drill if it would solve the >problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I mix 5 gallons at a time. > Geoff Kipps-Bolton ffff,0000,0000Numquam desperare! Sed scire cum desistere verberare equum mortuum!