Lots of talk about moving bees. First, I move bees regularly, and have noticed few things. If you move them a bit, say 3 feet each day, on sunny days, they can tolerate it ok. The trick is to move very early in the morning, but I prefer after sunset. I put the hive, usually a super or two, in a wheelbarrow, and just move it 3 feet each night. Any direction is ok, back, forward, sideways. The trick seems to be to keep the entrance in the same direction. That gets them around my small lot ok. They seem to get used to being moved each day, and it seems to be important that they are moved before they get active for the day. So don't move during the day. Second, if they bees are confined for a few days, cloudy, rainy, cold, winter, they seem to tolerate longer moves ok. I have kept moving them on cloudy days the 3 feet mentioned, and although they did not go out, they seemed to accommodate a 9 foot difference on the first day of return to activity. So you might get away with 200 feet. If you really have to do this, its safer to wait till winter. Its a pain otherwise. If it doesn't work, you are out a lot of bees. 0000,0000,ffffW. J. Fernihough (Bill, [log in to unmask] Engineer, Beekeeper, Computer Nerd ffff,0000,0000All things cometh to he who waiteth if he worketh like hell while he waiteth.