Last winter for various reasons I left one super on my hive with incompletely
filled
cells, although partially capped.

This was the one hive that successfully wintered over. The bees did not eat a
whole lot of it. But is was there and they filled it out by June.Thus I had a
frame of partial
old and partial new honey. I am using it for my personal honey as I did not
want to market the product. It must be OK because I am still alive.

I have been advised not to feed extracted honey,but there seems to be a lot
of controversy about doing that.

The extracted supers I wraped carefully in poly bags and put in some moth
ball
type of stuff from the bee association. I can not remember the name but it is
definitely not the same as commercial moth balls. Check with your local bee
association. Oh now it come to me Paradiclorobenzine.