First of all, thanks to all of you that have been giving me advice on
getting started. It has been very helpful.

        The hive is ready, got the smoker & veil, bees should be here mid
April, however I am still debating where I should put my bees. I live in
Gainesville, Florida which was Tree City USA a few years ago. I live on the
outskirts of town. My parents live on 5 acres in the country about 1/2 hour
from here. My debate is do I put them in the country where there may be
more pollen sources but I will only be able to observe them once a week
(sometimes every other week). Or do I keep them in the city where I can
observe their flying, etc. daily but may not have as much pollen source?

        Also, I enjoy eating honey & I have many pounds of store bought
that I would like to feed the bees instead of sugar syrup. Do I need to (if
so how) sterilize this honey before I feed it to them and do I need to
water it down.

        Well, I have bent your ear enough, thanks again for your help.

Kelley