I have found that it takes 4 treatments of OA vapor to be effective when there is brood in the hive. Samples of the hives after 3 treatments have not been satisfactory for me. I start in early August and treat 4X, once per week. If my counts are too high in the spring I treat with Amitraz. I have seen a sharp reduction in mites since starting this protocol. I am stationary and not in a heavy agricultural area with the exception of one yard which is pretty close to a large blueberry farm.