Interesting question on tracheal mite Pete!  When it first arrived, the
pressure by natural selection was very strong--we lost about 70% of
colonies in Calif.  However, it was easy to select for resistance.

But that was before varroa arrived, and our applications of miticides.
 Such applications could remove the previous selective pressure against
tracheal mite.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA