>>So, if these are developing properly, despite the rotation, then I see no

> reason why Queen cells would be a special case.

I haven't seen actual data, but the inversion of boxes with queen cells is
commonly suggested as a means to make the bees destroy the cells.

My only personal experiences are that when I have inadvertently placed bars
of freshly-grafted queen cells upside down into starter colonies, the bees
completely clean out the cells.

Randy Oliver