In the last bee journal Wyatt Mangum mentions that Apis florea will dismantal an abandoned comb and reuse it while our European bees will not. Earlier this summer I watched bees tearing apart some wax on last years comb honey boxes and packing it on thier legs. To tell you the truth I cant recall seeing this behavior before. I have seen bees tear down foundation in the hive if given too early. I did have some russian stock in this yard . Could it be russian's collect wax and euro's don't? Or is it that Im not too observant and bees collect wax in certain situations?