Hi All,
I received a call about one of my hives that swarmed this afternoon.  The
hive was started from a package that was installed on April 20 this year.
There was still room in the hive, both as foundation that had not been drawn
as well as drawn comb.  I was under the impression-obviously the wrong
impression-that new packages do not swarm.  Unfortunately the swarm was 50'
up in a tree and had left before I got home from work.  The weather has been
warm but rainy and the bees have been confined a lot over the past couple of
weeks.

Any insight into this?

Coleene