I am on the point of acquiring my first colony of bees, which I intend to
keep (illegally) on a Birmingham allotment site. On our site, each plot has
its own hedge, so there is no lack of privacy, and I don't expect it to be
noticed. The Council only took over the site, which goes back to the
1840's, 40 years ago, there is a bit of a tradition of beekeeping, and
after the damage the Council has done to the site, something of a tradition
of resistance to their edicts. Has anyone got any experience of keeping
bees in public places, which could be used to argue for a change in the
rules?

Regards,

Robert Brnchley