I recently won a couple of plastic shallow foundation makers in a raffle.
One is a "mono", which is a tray, the base of which has the foundation
imprint.  One pours molten wax into it and peels out a sheet of one sided
foundation.  The other is two matching sheets of embossed plastic joined at
one end like pages in a book.  A sheet of warm wax is placed between them and
they are then squeezed through an old fashioned clothes mangle or pressed
under a garden roller or pastry rolling pin.  I have yet to use them.
Chris Slade