From:
Rainer M Woitok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TRACY LOGAN <LOGANT@LAFAYETT>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 90 09:07:31 +0200
I  picked this  from BIOSPH-L.  Maybee  (oops:) Maybe  someone on  BEE-L
remembers the  TV show  or can  point to  other sources  of information.
Please reply to Tracy's address given below.

Sincerely
 Rainer

PS: If you  have my e-mail  address stored somewhere, you  should notice
    that  it is  going to  change.  Though I  hope to  retain my  BitNet
    connection  for quite  a  while,  the preferred  (and  sure) way  of
    reaching me is using my new X.400 address given below.

| Rainer M. Woitok         | Phone: (+49-9131) 85-7811, -7031          |
| Regionales Rechenzentrum | Fax  : (+49-9131) 30 29 41                |
| Friedrich-Alexander-Uni  | Telex: d 629 755 tf erl                   |
| D-8520 Erlangen          | X.400: [log in to unmask] |
| West Germany             | Old  : [log in to unmask]               |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------'

A local beekeeper, 20 years in the game, needs some information
about bees and people.

Up till now, he's been fine, out in the country.  Now someone has
built a house close by.  When the neighbor mowed real close to
the hives, he got stung.  Tarps were put up, and worked; but blew
loose recently, so one more sting.  The police were called, etc.

I haven't talked to the neighbor, but it does seem like he is
really against the bees existing nearby, no matter what.  Perhaps
a clash of city-ways and country-ways.

Anyway, this fellow is desperate to find a PBS(?) TV show he saw
a while ago that chronicled the impact on an ecosystem when the
bees were removed from it.  Anyone recall seeing it?

Perhaps someone knows of other sources for information that would
be of use in resolving this matter?

Please respond to LOGANT@LAFAYETT           -- tracy