From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2023 08:42:02 -0400
This is an odd wondering for you all: When you look at many of the Old Masters paintings of a mother and baby nursing (check out Rubens in particular), the way that many of the mothers shape their breasts is one we all know— the sideways V (greater than or less than sign for us math teachers!) . I remember from years ago that there was a word used to describe that hand shape, I am pretty sure it started with the letter v- does that resonate with anyone in their memory banks? I can’t remember if it was from a long ago conference or in something I read! But I want that word!

Thanks for thinking!

And Tina, thanks for that heart hug post on how good it feels to be thanked and how important it is to share our appreciation with others— that trickle effect of gratitude is so important!

~Karen Foard, IBCLC since 1988
State College, PA