From:
Wendy Ban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:48:36 -0400
David Eyre and others responded to my description of feeding
cooked honey back to my bees with warnings of bad results.
I have not experienced any trouble with this.  Perhaps I've
just been lucky or the quantities are too small do harm.

I am aware that many beekeepers and beekeeping manuals warn
against it. But the beekeeper who mentored me did it routinely
for 15 years with no observed bad effects, such as dysentery,
and expressed the opinion that the fear of risk was greatly
overstated (he compared it to the 19th c. caution against
eating tomatoes).

Now I'm scratching my head. Any other comment, observation on
this?  Apparently bad effects aren't inevitable, but what are
the variables?  Foolish luck? Quantity?

Any further information would be very welcome.