Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:52:48 +0000

The one thing I find quite interesting is that beetles are responding differently in different climates and soil conditions.  Fl and Ga and most of the south have different rates of development and problems,  Dry sandy soils love full sun to help,  but in the northeast and midwest,  thats completly a myth.   It makes a nation wide discussion harder.   Many who live in Dry areas with little pupation success  have no cares and think were nuts.  Others such as the southeast  seem to have hit a somewhat stable population,  while those of us in AG country are getting hit hard.  Might just be timing,  and we will adjust,  but its not looking that way to me.  My GA friends gringe when I show them things.
We agree Gene,  pollen is atttractive!  but I have noticed brood is even more so.  It is obvious now that beetles are reproducing in brood here at a fairly steady rate all summer.   Pollen seems to get hit when the the brood nest contracts,  or there are other problems in the hive which cut down policeing.
Charles