From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:42:39 -0500
James Fischer wrote:

> Checkmite is a very nasty organophosphate that I would not
> allow within grenade-launcher range of my farm.  The rest of
> agriculture has wised up about organophosphates, and are
> phasing OUT their use.  Beekeepers, on the other hand
> seem to be mostly unaware of just how nasty this stuff can be.

I've read statements like this many times on Bee-L but I don't think I have
yet seen any explanation of what makes organophosphates so nasty.  you can
count me among the ranks of those who are unaware.

Can anybody here share some details about the potentil problems of using
organophosphates in general and Checkmite in particular?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://WWW.BlessedBee.ca/