From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 07:21:59 -0700
>When does the beekeeper have the right to dictate the practices of
farmers?

The beekeeper may not, but society does.  We have a law that pesticide
application should not cause unreasonable adverse effects to the
environment.

> >Obviously, bees are protected by laws.

And which law would that be, Pete?  Not the Federal Insecticide and
Rodenticide Act, which does not mention bees, nor even pollinators.

This is a key point.  I feel that we must have protection of pollinators
written into law.  Then that law would indeed restrict some of the
practices of farmers.  But it would be by vote of the electorate, not by
the beekeepers alone.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA