From:
"Mark D. Egloff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 09:04:32 EST
     Gentlepeople:

     I am getting ready to do splits and install packages here in Dayton,
     Ohio, USA.

     One question which popped into my head resulted from a passing comment
     on the List and dealt with moving brood from strong overwintered hives
     into installed packages later on in the season.

     I will be setting up packages in a new outapiary about 5 miles from my
     main site.  Can I (I figure I probably can) move frames of brood over
     the distance from one site to the other?  If I can, how should I do it
     to prevent chilling of the brood?  Any tips on how this is done would
     be appreciated.

     Should I run the heater in my pickup until I am "toasting" before I
     pull the brood, then drive like mad, or is there a saner method?

     Yours;
     Mark.