From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:08:45 -0700
Peter: Your response is similar to our regulations in Canada. We have to
ask a registrant to submit an application to register the active
ingredient. Then, he has to register the product end use formulation as
pesticides. For the product registration it is require to submit data to
show efficacy, side effects and residues to set the MRL in Canada. In
the past we used to have a note called CAPCO for proposed scheduling of
65% formic acid registration since 1994. This note is going to be
canceled by the end of March. Therefore, we have new registrants applied
to get 65% liquid formic acid registered. For more details on CAPCO Note
check
<http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/pest/_decisions/c94-05/index-eng.ph
p>

This is the story of formic acid in Canada.
Medhat Nasr
Edmonton Alberta