From:
Cliff Van Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:35:09 +1259
Thanks, Alan, for this interesting information on North American honey
prices.  Very much appreciated, especially since on this side of the
world we're in the midst of our main flows and beekeepers are beginning
to wonder whether they can expect a price rise, too.

I was also interested in your comments on Chinese honey.  Having
followed the dumping duty issue from afar, I've been wondering for quite
some time what effect the initial duty would have on the world honey
market (ie, where would all that Chinese honey go if it wasn't being sold
to the US).

From the increased interest being shown by international honey buyers
recently, it would seem that this portion of Chinese honey hasn't made it
out into the world honey market.  There is even a report circulating that
the Americans are having a hard time sourcing enough Chinese honey
to fulfill the US non-dumping quota.

Your comments on the situation are the first I've read which shed any
light on this "magical" disappearance of Chinese honey.  Can you shed
any further light on the subject?