From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 21:32:31 -0500
> If the statement is reversed, as Peter worded it, then it would imply that it would be desireable to reduce the pathogens first- never mind the consequences of environmental pollution.

You could *infer* that, but it was in no way *implied* by my statement. How could it be, if that is not what I believe.

My point was that healthy organisms are far better able to resist environmental onslaughts, whether natural or man-made. This is not an excuse for continuing to pollute.

It's just common sense that you look after your own health before trying to blame your problems on some external force. If your bees really are healthy and then begin to fail unexpectedly, we would then be justified in looking for an outside cause.

If they are half dead to begin with, it's pretty lame to blame your problems on some farmer who is trying to keep his crops alive

PLB